The Network Engineer position Provides long-term planning, support, implementation, and troubleshoots processes for network, technology and computing resources. This position functions in a technical capacity to ensure the stability, security and integrity of the corporate network services. This is an experienced position and requires minimal supervision and excellent communication skills..
· Provide insight into customer and business needs and incorporates these needs into departmental priorities and staffing/infrastructure/value-add strategies; communicate service levels and other pertinent information.
· Establish development/maintenance/retirement plan for all systems.
· Maintain documentation of all systems within process.
· Meet or exceed customer expectations as they relate to technology support.
· Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives
· Keep abreast of new hardware and software developments.
· Evaluate and implement processes designed to automate work flow and streamline support to enable the effective support of customers; gather data to measure the support process, identify areas for improvement.
· Manage PC, Server, Router, Network Hardware, and peripheral installs, adds, moves and changes in accordance with client timing needs; implement efficient operational procedures and processes and measurements to ensure timely completion of requests to minimize user interruption and maximize quality of work.
· Keep abreast of Network technologies by attending seminars, conferences, and training programs and by reading trade journals; identify technology and processes that can be applied to areas of responsibilities resulting in improvements.
· Serve as a technical resource in daily troubleshooting and resolution of complex and everyday problems.
· Create and maintain information security policies, baselines and procedures.
· Conduct all tasks in accordance with the requirement to comply with security controls.
· Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct. Train and motivate subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
· Must be able to meet physical demands for the position (*listed below)
Physical Demands for the Position:
Hearing: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job.
Speaking: Good language skills for communication.
Vision: Normal visual acuity.
Other: Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, driving, occasional lifting of equipment from 10-20 lbs.
· Must be proficient in all recent versions of Microsoft Windows and Servers Microsoft office, Current Cisco IOS, Cisco Firewalls and site-to-site VPN’s.
· Minimum of 3 year’s experience with CISCO Switching and Routing
· Minimum of 5 year’s experience with enterprise IT Support
· Strong hands-on skills with cable layout, network design, firewalls, etc. utilizing Cisco technologies.
· Configuration and management of systems that support information security (i.e. virus, firewall, content filtering, VPNs, IDS/IPS, encryption technology)
· A well-developed understanding of networking concepts, design, and support principals
· Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
· Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues throughout all levels throughout the organization
· Must be knowledgeable on HIPAA privacy and security regulations and able to assist in implementation and enforcement
· Knowledgeable and conversant in latest trends and practices in information technology, and its culture and role in the healthcare industry
· Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS
· Experience with Cisco wireless network infrastructures
· Two or more of the following preferred: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
· Demonstrates advanced expertise in at least 3 of the following subject domains and basic expertise in the rest: Voice over IP (VOIP); wireless networking; core, distribution and access WAN design; L2 and L3 switching; routing protocols;
wide area networks; firewalls; network security; network virtualization; software defined networks.
· Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls
· Experience with Cisco Zone Based Firewall
· Experience with network security / access control methodologies
· Experience with Cisco MDS Storage Networking
· Experience with Solar Winds for Network and Patch Management
· Requires flexibility of hours, including nights and weekends.